Jun 30, 2006

One Week Till Pirate Heaven

For the next week, all quotes will be from Pirates of the Caribbean in preparation for July 7th's extravaganza of funniness.

I read this in my boss' copy of Rolling Stone yesterday:
Johnny Depp (re: Capt. Jack Sparrow's gay undercurrent, and a book called Sodomy and the Pirate Tradition): Because women were thought to be bad luck on ships. And these pirates would go out for years at a time. So, you know, there is a possibility that one thing might lead to another. . .You're lonely. You have an extra ration of rum. [Shrugs]. "Cabin boy!"

Oh, and there's this story about him and Iggy Pop that's pretty freaking funny too.

I know. I know, I know. I broke my own rule. But I only skimmed the personal stuff!! And I've never actually come across anything upsetting about Johnny Depp. (Trashed a few hotel rooms, didn't like people who behaved like dickheads, dated Winona Ryder then figured out she's insane, so what?)

Song:
Okay, they all just keep coming up Addicted to Love, or Heaven, or I Must Have That Man, or Let Me Put My Love Into You (for crying out loud, Meghan the iPod, get a grip on yourself, girl!), so we're just not going to have a song today. It's for the best, really.

Quote:
Will: You cheated.
Jack: Pirate.

No comments: