May 1, 2006

So Few Sane People. . .

Dear Cordy: What would you do with an acquaintance who likes to create drama in every situation?

Cordelia says:
What is up with those people? They're everywhere and they're maddening. There's just no pleasing them. Something is always wrong, and there's never any fixing it, and clearly the thing to do is to cry and rant about it. Little cry-Buffies. What would I do? I would do my best to avoid that acquaintance. Move to LA, and hope the whiny bitch doesn't try to follow you there.

If that's not an option, all I can say is, "nod and smile, nod and smile." Do not engage, do not participate, and certainly do not try to solve their problems. That only encourages them. Do your best to be friendly (but not friends) and silently remind yourself that the world is not how they see it, and that they'll stop talking someday.

Song:
I Think I Smell A Rat, The White Stripes

Quote:
Willow: Maybe we shouldn't be too coupley around Buffy.
Cordelia: Oh, you mean 'cause of how the only guy that ever liked her turned into a vicious killer and had to be put down like a dog?
Xander: Can she cram complex issues into a nutshell, or what?
(Buffy)

No comments: