Jan 29, 2008

Sherwin

Ten minutes ago, at my desk.

Ring ring

Cordelia: Hi, this is Cordelia.
Unknown Male Voice: Hey baby, what's up.
Cordelia: Who is this?
Unknown Male Voice: This is Sherwin, we met at the bar last night.
Cordelia: I didn't meet you at the bar last night.

Click.

One moment later.

Ring ring.

Cordelia: Hello?
Sherwin: You didn't have to be rude.
Cordelia: Look, I'm sorry, but you have the wrong number. I don't know who you are. I'm guessing the girl you met gave you the wrong number, you know?
Sherwin: Oh. Well, you didn't have to hang up on me.
Cordelia: I'm at work, okay? This is my work number. You kind of freaked me out.
Sherwin: Oh. Bye.

Click.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure you didn't go out last night after I fell asleep?

Oh, wait, right, you were the one who passed out at 9:something. Sherwood is confused.