Oct 24, 2006

Joining the ranks of the unemployed

When I wrote that I was considering another career a couple of days ago, I had no idea how right I was.

Sadly, Stephen Colbert never called. Doesn't he know I now have cable and so watch his show?

Well, it is looking slightly more likely that the gifts I've promised to knit people will actually be completed by Christmas. That's a bright side.

I think Pandora should call me, because I like listening to music and annoyingly pointing out that Ryan Adams sounds like Jeff Tweedy trying to be Bob Dylan.

I think IKEA should call me, since I decorate with their furniture very well, and I could set up those little rooms they have in their stores.

Or What Not To Wear. I can be mean and throw away other people's clothes.

Or better still, someone will pay me to knit all the things that people need photographed for their books.

Yeah. Okay. Phone is turned on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cordy,
I hope you're kidding, but if you're not, that sucks! Having been let go from (and having quit) many lame jobs, I know how it feels. But yeah, maybe it's just a sign to catch up on more tv (what I usually do) and sleep in late a bunch, and then a better, cooler job will come along.