Jul 5, 2006

Day 4 (Retroactive)

What happened on Monday?

Um, nothing. Saturday we went to the beach (and it was nice and bug-free, hurrah). Sunday Guy and I walked back and forth over the Brooklyn Bridge, ate at Almondine and nearly died of happiness as one does when one eats at Almondine. We self-righteously resisted going into Jacques Torres, and resisted buying clothes we don't need just because they were "on sale" and therefore marked down from Way Too Expensive to Better But Still Way Too Expensive. Except I bought another bra, but that was entirely necessary, because The Secret Embrace is heaven and makes me want to wear no other bra, so I really need to have a back-up, because otherwise passersby may object to the stankiness. But stupid Victoria Secret put my itty bitty bra into a HUGE bag with SALE!!! splashed all over it, even though my bra wasn't on sale, and forced me to walk around advertising for them. Bastards.

But Monday? I think we sat around. And maybe watched Buffy The Vampire Slayer again. The movie, not the show. I have newfound respect for Luke Perry. And for that PeeWee Herman guy, cause he was damn funny in that, and frankly less creepy as a vampire than as a kids' show host.

And, for the record, I just checked imdb.com, and that was Ben Affleck, and that was Ricki Lake. So there.

Double Quote:
[after getting his whole arm cut off]
Amilyn: You ruined my new jacket! Kill him A LOT!
(Buffy The Vampire Slayer)

Jack Sparrow: Stop blowing holes in my ship!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was Ben Affleck and Ricki Lake? Aargh. There'll be no living with her after this.