Jul 7, 2006

Day 0

Celebrity Sighting: So yesterday, as Guy and I were walking through the Village, we passed a guy sitting right outside the 9th St. PATH Station. He was in typical Annoying Hipster uniform--expertly ripped jeans in one knee only, brand new shirt made to look very old, and carefully styled rats nest hair. And I thought, "Great, Williamsburg comes to the Village and sits on the steps talking loudly on his cell phone and smoking a cigarette."

As we got a little further away, Guy said "That guy back there? That was Ryan Adams."

Good lord. It's a good thing I don't like his music either.

Crazy Activity in the City: In perhaps more horrifying news, a man was mugged by power saw last night at 110th St. Subway Station. A much-more-violent Edward Scissorhands found two hand-held power saws sitting unwatched and attacked a 64 year old man (who is cut, but fine). I didn't personally witness this, Mom, I'm fine. But maybe the MTA should think about not leaving dangerous tools/weapons lying about for crazy people to pick up.

Today is THE DAY: At 2:00, I will hie me down to the theater, where Guy and I will witness hilarity and hellbeasts for a good 2.5 hours, I understand. And actually, though this has not been mentioned previously, today is our 2-year anniversary, so I'm here all dressed up in new shoes and a never-before-had-occasion-to-wear-slinky-dress, and after our movie-going, we will hike up to Nobu and eat raw fish like you've never had raw fish before.

Song:
Feral Children, Beth Orton
Psycho Killer, Talking Heads
Happy Together, The Turtles

Quote:
Barbossa: Why thank ye, Jack.
Jack Sparrow: You're welcome.
Barbossa: Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

No comments: