Jun 20, 2006

Very Crabby

Obviously, I changed the template. It was looking all weird all the time now that I'm on a new computer. I'm too crabby to fix the links and stuff right now, so there you are.

(Guy, you might want to skip this one since it's basically just a re-hash of a conversation we had last night).

So last night, when I get home from my deskless and often computerless day, I discover a notice from everyone's favorite correspondent, the New York State Department of Taxation! Requesting over 3,000 of my dollars (this is even more wonderful when you realize that I've already paid them my requisite $900--what income do they think I have?)

I'm not paying it--I can't pay it, and anyway it's obviously some sort of mix-up that must be easily rectified. (Assuming, of course, that the New York State Department of Taxation ever answers their telephone, which has not been my experience today).

Who do I know that evaded their taxes? Cordelia's parents. Al Capone.

Which brings to mind a crucial human rights question: how did the United States Justice System get around the cruel and unusual punishment issue of putting a man away forever and ever for tax evasion?

I'm telling you, these Department of Taxation fellows are real hardasses. I'm going to go to jail for not paying taxes on money I never earned.

I'm very, very crabby.

Song:
Running To Stand Still, U2

Quote:
Young Lorelai: Okay, this is a big pain and I'd really like it to go away, please.
Nurse: Just breathe deep, honey.
Young Lorelai: Breathing doesn't help, can I hit you instead?
Nurse: What?
Young Lorelai: Or pinch you really hard, 'cause that might make me feel better.
Nurse: No, you cannot hit me.
Young Lorelai: Can I bite you or pull your hair or use the Epilady on you 'cause I really need to do something.
(Gilmore Girls)

No comments: