Jun 7, 2006

New Man?

Let me state here and now that I would never cheat on Matsui. Distance makes the heart grow fonder, and all that. My enjoyment of Melky in no way interferes with that, and does not make me disloyal. (Others may disagree--I have yet to convince Girl that Matsui's absence does not make watching games a waste of time).


But come on!! How cool was this? (Which is exactly what Johnny Damon is saying to himself).

And it's not like this is the only impressive thing he's done--I don't get to watch that many games because, once again, I don't have cable, but every time a game comes on our fuzzy Channel 9, Melky drives in half the runs, or does some crazy wow that was fast jog around the bases.


The Daily News had a better picture, but I can't possibly support a "newspaper" that has headlines like "Jeter Recovery May Take Thumb Time." That's godawful.

Song:
You Can Have It All, Yo La Tengo

Quote:
Mal: I don't believe there's a power in the 'verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful. Sometimes you just wanna duct tape her mouth and dump her in the hold for a month.
(Firefly)

No comments: