Jun 15, 2006

Ho hum

Two historic events happened within the past 24 hours: I finished the Endless Poncho, and I packed up my desk.

I'm not providing a picture of the poncho because frankly Mr. Shankly it's a poncho and looks dumpy. They all do--really, did you think I wasn't aware of this? I chose the one from Last Minute Knitted Gifts because it didn't look dumpy in the photo. Mine doesn't look dumpy on me either as long as I drape it exactly right and sit perfectly still. But the minute I move, well, it becomes clear that this poncho cannot escape the trials all ponchos must undergo.

On the other hand, it is extremely warm and cozy. I wanted to make a poncho because in the mornings, I keep wrapping blankets around myself while I make breakfast, but of course they fall off and I just want a blanket that will stay on--and hey! That's basically all a poncho is!

So anyway--the poncho was a success, with reservations.

As for the desk-packing, it was a complete success, since it took me all of ten minutes. Sheesh. I know I did a lot of prep work, but I've been working here for two and a half years, you'd think I'd have more stuff. I always thought it was ridiculous when Melanie Griffith walked out with just one little box in Working Girl--but apparently it was accurate.

There is a slight problem--I don't actually have a desk yet at The New Job to unload this box into. Or a computer, to my knowledge. Huh.

And they start at 9am. Ridiculous, normal working hours--what's up with that?

Well, it's too late now.

Song:
Bye Bye, Alana Davis

Quote:
Jack Trainer: You're the first woman I've seen in one of these things that dresses like a woman, not like a woman thinks a man would dress if he was a woman.
Tess McGill: Thank you I guess.
And for my Mom:
Cynthia: Six thousand dollars? It's not even leather!
(Both from Working Girl)

No comments: