Apr 12, 2006

Lordy




I was a late menstruater. And now I am a part-time mom to a child I physically could not have birthed. That image is horrifyingly similar to skanky-ass women in gold cocktail dresses hanging on the arms of aging Daddies-who-dole-out-sugar. And yet you know what I did last night? I knit little egg-warmers for their Easter Egg finding pleasure. While watching The Gilmore Girls, of course.

Song:
I Wish I Never Saw The Sunshine--Beth Orton, Trailer Park

Quote (Gilmore Girls, Season 2):
Zach: Dude, Brian's breathing is louder than the song.
Brian: I've got a deviated septum. All the women in my family and me have it.
Zach: Well, it's throwing me off.
Lane: Hold your breath when we're playing, Brian. There, problem solved. Okay, come on, now, let's rock. One, two, three...
Zach: Wait. The bottom line here is that breathing should not be louder than a rock band. Am I right or am I right?

3 comments:

Elizabeth McAulay said...

Hey there!

best of luck with the evil stepmother thing -- big shoes to fill, huh? hee hee!

on beth orton -- I have Central Reservation and I have listened to that album thousands of times -- I love it! I take it Trailer Park is good?

~lisa

Cordelia said...

Trailer Park has some good songs, but you should really check out Comfort of Strangers--I'll burn you a copy. . .

earnest said...

» International Trial Of Novel Breast Cancer Drug
14/12/06 07:03 from Breast cancer blog from medicineworld.org
-------------------------------------------------------------
A clinical trial of a new targeted breast cancer drug, led by
physicians at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Cancer
Center, has begun enrolling patients. The TEACH (Tykerb
Evaluation After CHemotherapy) trial will investigate ...


For useful content on breast cancer information, breast cancer rate statistics and breast cancer survival rates: check
the url is http://breast-cancer1.com